23 August, 2009

Ramadan Bazaar at Mile 7

Yesterday ( 23/8) was the first day of Ramadan. I went shopping at Mile 7 Ramadan Bazaar for some goodies to break the fast. By 5 p.m. the crowd had swelled as people from all walks of life and creed gathered to savour the rich variety of foods and drinks offered. The Ramadan Bazaar is a yearly occurrence in Sarawak where in towns and small villages they sprout like mushrooms attracting the various races to mix freely in a festive culinary mood. The Mile 7 town bazaar was no different. Being a Bintulu guy my eyes were inescapably attracted to the fishes available. To name a few that caught my attention were the barbecued "ikan keli"(catfish), "ikan terubok"(Tenuala macrura), and the "ikan pari" (sting ray). For drinks I opted for the freshly done sugar cane juice. Next, the barbecued chicken fit my bill and with a choice of two cakes I was driving home happy.
Sugar cane juice vendor

Big crowd turnout at Mile 7 Ramadan Bazaar.

No comments:

Post a Comment